Total Pageviews

Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Mr. Young's reply

Dear Lynda (Mrs. Young)


This afternoon around 10 minutes to four I received a call from the

reception to tell me there was an envelope for me and she was closing the

office at 4. If I wanted it tonight could I pick it up before 4. I did so.

What a heartwarming surprise I received when I opened the envelope. It is

without a doubt one of the most emotional happenings I have experienced

since serving in the army.It is hard for me to accept all the accolades

poured forth from these students. Such a large body of volunteers are no

longer able to read the comments as they have paid the supreme sacrifice and

I feel guilty receiving them because I was lucky enough to survive. I can

only express my thanks for the thoughtfulness of these students to express

their feelings, so well put together in pictures, poems and comments - which

touched me very deeply. On behalf of all those who had their life snuffed

out fighting for what they believed in - freedom - please convey my

personal thanks to the students who prepared this presentation which was

delivered to me to-day. Their thoughts give me hope that the future is in

good hands, and that I spent almost five years of my life on a worthwhile

effort to make this world a better place for generations to come.


Malcolm Young

No comments:

Post a Comment